How will the Microsoft software donation programme change on 1st April 2018?
Microsoft is optimising its ‘on-premises’ product donations to meet the needs of smaller organisations.
- ‘Standard’ versions of all Microsoft on-premises products will continue to be available as donations to eligible charities through tt-exchange.
- ‘Premium’ versions of Microsoft on-premises products will no longer be available as donated offers on tt-exchange, but will be available with the same eligibility at a charity discount.
- There are no changes to donated cloud offers available from Microsoft.
Choice across all donated products on tt-exchange
Starting 1st April, eligible charities can choose among any Microsoft donated products for licensing without being limited by 10 title groups.
Programme rules and eligibility stay the same
- Microsoft eligibility for donated offers through tt-exchange remains the same.
- These same eligibility rules are standardised across any source of Microsoft charity discounts.
- Donated license limits available over a 2-year cycle remain the same through tt-exchange.
Assistance in learning about/ accessing options
Microsoft’s improvements and changes offer charities a wider range of donations, discounts and licensing options.
- Tech Trust is committed to helping you understand the best options for your needs – whether donated or discounted, ‘on-premises’, cloud or hybrid.
- Where possible, we’ll provide direct access in one easy place.
New and noteworthy at microsoft.com/nonprofits
In case you missed it in Microsoft’s blog post, we’re calling out these exciting new offers available directly from Microsoft: an Office 365 ‘Volunteer’ SKU, an expansion of Microsoft 365 with E3 and E5 offers, and Microsoft Surface to 10 new markets.
Further information, queries and feedback
We at Tech Trust wish to support your charity well during this transition.
You can contact us by email at [email protected] or call us on 0207 324 3380 and we’ll do our very best to help. Our office hours are 09:00-17:30, Monday-Friday.